A blog dedicated to the world of Bodybuilding. ZONAMUSCULAR is a compilation of articles about training, nutrition, suplements and much more from the best independent writers on the web.

Saturday, September 06, 2008

How To Burn Fat Without Cardio Or Dieting


I hate cardio.

I hate treadmills, exercise bikes and elliptical machines. I hate exercising for hours at a time, just to burn off a few measly calories.

Luckily, I recently discovered a way to burn NINE TIMES more fat without wasting my time on the treadmill.

Oh, and best of all, I didn’t have to go on a diet or restrict my eating in anyway.

Here’s what this is all about:

Scientists in Japan have now confirmed what you knew all along: Simply put, you burn more fat by working out intensely than you do when you “dog” it.

Unfortunately, all the “weight loss experts” told us that the only way to burn fat was to exercise at a steady pace for 45-60 minutes at a time. Yuck! 60 minutes on a treadmill, watching CNN? No thanks.

I decided to try the routine that the scientists in Japan developed, one commonly known as high intensity interval training.

Here’s what happened:

Instead of huffing and puffing on a treadmill for an hour each day, I slashed my workout time to just FOUR MINUTES. No, that’s not a misprint. I exercised for just 240 seconds.

In four weeks, I got into the best shape of my life. My heart and lungs were stronger than ever. My bodyfat levels dipped into single digits and my abs (which had been hiding under a layer of fat for quite some time) came into view.

How could I make such a dramatic transformation in just 4 minutes a day? Well, the high intensity interval training routine actually burns more calories in 4 minutes than working out in the traditional manner for an hour or more.

Here’s the science:

When you perform traditional cardio, your metabolism rises while you are working out. But as soon as you stop your exercise, your metabolism drops back down to normal levels.

But when you do High Intensity Interval Training, you don’t burn very many calories during your four minute workout. But your metabolism stays elevated for 24-48 hours after your workout! So you’re burning calories and fat all day long.

How To Kick Start Your Metabolism And Blow Torch Body Fat

If you’re ready to finally burn off that stubborn body fat, you may want to give high intensity interval training a go (assuming your doctor says it’s ok).

Instead of walking on a treadmill for 60 minutes at the same pace, try alternating speeds every minute. This forces your body to constantly adapt and you’ll burn more calories.

Next, increase your speed and drop your workout time down. You don’t need to waste 60 minutes a day when you learn how to push yourself.

Finally, keep at. High intensity interval training is not easy… but the results come quick. Don’t be surprised if you end up in the best shape of your life.

Matt Marshall recently wrote the book on High Intensity Interval Training.

To learn how you can burn fat, jack up your metabolism and burn off ugly body fat without cardio and without dieting visit: http://www.NoMoreCardio.com

No comments: